To be avoided for 24hrs after waxing:
– Avoid extreme heat—this includes very hot baths/showers, steam rooms, saunas and Jacuzzi’s.
– No swimming in public swimming pools.
– Deodorant or anything perfumed should not be applied to the area that has been waxed for 24-48hrs as this could make the area very sore.
– Make-up should be avoided following facial hair removal for that day although mineral make-up is fine.
– Tight clothing should be avoided following any waxing treatment for 24-48hrs.
– Exposure to UV light, including sun beds and sunbathing must be avoided for 24hrs following treatment as burning can occur.
– Fake tans should also be avoided for 24hrs.
– A heat reaction may be seen on the skin for several hours following treatment and this is quite normal. This will vary from a mild redness to a much stronger skin reaction and some people have red dots on the waxed area for several hours. If aftercare advice is followed the skin will return to normal within 24hrs. If the reaction is still present after this time or worsens, it may be that you have had an allergic reaction to the wax and should seek medical advice from their GP.
– Waxing removes dead skin so the skin may be a little lighter immediately following treatment but colour will return to normal within a few hours.
– Dry brush the area that has been waxed a couple times a week. After you have bathed/showered apply baby oil or E45 lotion and you’ll see great results and this may help to avoid ingrown hair.